Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Gospel... told in Genesis 5

My friend Sara showed me something that I want to share with everyone who reads this...

Check out Genesis 5 and the names recorded within it.

Here's a translation of those names:

Adam = man

Seth = appointed

Enosh = subject to death

Kenan = sorrowful

Mahalalel = from the presence of God

Jared = one comes down

Enoch = Dedicated

Methuselah = dieing he shall send

Lamech = (to the) Poor and Lowly

Noah = rest and comfort


The whole Gospel story told in name translations in Genesis 5. Pretty neat.
I did a little research to make sure this was accurate and from what I found it seems to be.
But if anyone wants to dig deeper and find out for sure, I urge you to, and I would ask that you would let me know what you find.


No comments: